Grand Rapids, Kentwood, Wyoming, Grandville, Hudsonville, Jenison, Ada,
Caledonia, Byron Center, Holland, Zeeland, Grand Haven, Saugatuck, Rockford,
Muskegon, Allegan, Ionia, Greenville, Walker, Comstock Park, Lowell, Portland,
Alto, Cedar Springs, Sand Lake, and surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
3114 Broadmoor Avenue SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512
How long does it take for a Re-Bath Remodel?
- It will depend on how much of the bathroom we are remodeling. If you are doing a
basic tub/shower area replacement, it can be completed in 2-3 days. If you are also replacing the vanity and flooring it can be completed in about 5 days. More extensive remodels take a little longer. Unknowns such as water damage or insect infestation add a little more time. We don’t rush to get your job done in a day, we take the time we need to do it right but our goal is to get in and out as quickly as possible.
How can I make sure that my expectations are met?
- You can download our bathroom remodeling checklist so you will have a comprehensive list to work with while discussing your remodel. Any contract for your bathroom remodel should be very detailed and have every product or labor item listed that you want completed. Beware of a contract that lists generalities and not specifics. You can download a copy of our remodeling agreement here.
Do you take payments on my remodel?
- Yes. We have many options available. For example, we can do monthly payments or no payments for 12 months with no interest and just a small down payment. Our bath design consultant will work with you to find the best payment options for your budget.
What is the warranty?
- ReBath warranties DuraBath SSP products and installation workmanship for life. Other products supplied by Re-Bath carry the manufacturer’s warranty. The lifetime warranty can be transferred one time if you sell your house.
Who will be working in my home?
- Your installation crew will be bonded ReBath employees. Our employees have all been drug tested, background checked, and trained extensively. We do not subcontract bathroom installations. We have a Michigan licensed plumber. Some specialty trades such as electrical are subcontracted. The trades that we subcontract have necessary licenses and have a long term relationship with us and they work on our schedule.
What insurance does Re-Bath have?
- We are insured through Berends Hendrich Stuit Insurance Services. They provide General Liability Insurance, Workman’s Compensation, Auto Insurance, and Bonding. You can request a Certificate of Insurance, which shows the types of insurance we carry and the limits, from your Bathroom Consultant or our office.
After I sign the agreement, how soon will my project be started?
- It depends on your type of bathroom remodel. We can start a basic bathtub replacement or a tub to shower conversion in just a few weeks from the time you place your order. Most jobs take 6 to 8 weeks from the time you place your order to the time we start your job. Lead times do vary, so check with us to get our current lead time. If you are having surgery or have a sudden medical need we will do what we can to accommodate you.
- The following processes must take place before we can start your job: write the material order, review the contract and order, submit the order, we will call you with an install date, the manufacturer processes the order, the order is shipped, we receive the order, the order is inspected, the Production Manager is notified once all materials have arrived defect free, customer service will contact you to confirm and remind you of your install date.
What happens after I sign the agreement?
What happens if water damage is discovered after demolition?
- Water damage to the subfloor under the bathtub or shower will be replaced at no additional cost. Extensive water damage to structural framing or insect infestation will incur additional costs that depend on the extent of the damage.
Can I change my selections after I place my order?
- You can make changes to your order at no charge if your request is within 5 days of the date you sign the agreement. Changes requested more than 5 days after the agreement may require a restocking fee.
Once the job begins, what is the work schedule?
- Our Installation Technicians work Monday through Friday, and occasionally on Saturdays. Once your job is started, your Technician will stay on your job until it is completed. Our goal is to get your job completed as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality.
Will the water in my house be turned off?
- Your water will be turned off long enough to do necessary plumbing work—usually just a few hours.
Will Re-Bath install products I provide?
- In some cases, Re-Bath will install materials provided by a home owner. However, Re-Bath will not offer any warranty other than to insure proper installation. If Re-Bath agrees to install owner supplied materials, the homeowner assumes responsibility of checking the materials for correctness, defects and any costs associated with material replacement or warranty claims.
What is accessible or universal design?
- Accessible or Universal Design refers to design that allows all ages and those with physical challenges the ability to use or access products easily.
Can I call some people you’ve worked for?
- Yes. We have an exhaustive list of customers you can contact. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List.
How much experience does the company have?
- Re-Bath of Grand Rapids has been in business since 2009. Our production management has over 30 years of remodeling experience. Our installation technicians individually have a minimum of 8 years of remodeling experience. They have all been through extensive training on bathroom remodeling. Re-Bath of Grand Rapids has installed close to 1000 bathrooms in Grand Rapids and the surrounding area.
What happens if there is a problem on the job?
- If a problem occurs on your job, your Installation Technician will call the Production Manager and your design consultant immediately. The Production Manager will resolve the problem as quickly as possible. In the event the Production Manager and sales consultant are unable to come up with a resolution, he will immediately contact Lori Grover (Re-Bath of Grand Rapids President) , who will work with the customer to find a satisfactory solution.
Will Re-Bath haul the trash away?
- Re-Bath will haul all trash from the bathroom remodel and dispose of it properly, recycling as much as possible.
Do you have any other questions about the bathroom remodeling process?
- We have answers! Please, feel free to contact us.